We’re excited to announce the SlideDog 1.9.10 release!
In short the 1.9.10 release brings these three new things to SlideDog:
- Fixed issue with SlideDog introduction movies not playing.
- Introduced new installer options (per machine or per user).
- Added option to disable automatic updates.
From this release SlideDog bundles CEF, which acts as an embedded web browser engine inside SlideDog. Currently it is only used to display the introduction videos that are shown the first time you start SlideDog after a fresh install, but in the future it will be used for better playback of YouTube clips, web pages and probably more. We are excited about this technology and believe it will improve the experience of SlideDog. CEF comes with a few new dependencies/requirements that needs to be installed on your computer in order for SlideDog do function properly. These are:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) runtime
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) runtime
- .NET 4.6 Framework
The new installer will try to detect these software packages on your computer and download them if they are missing. You will be prompted to confirm the installation of missing packages.